Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Club Logo Design


Anime Club Logo Design

Getting Started

My designated club was the anime club and my task was to create a logo for them. Before I started sketching a rough draft for the logo, I researched the club and what it was related with to understand and use for the design. After the research I asked my client, the president of the anime club, what she wanted to be implied in the logo (which was having fun and anything anime related). Then, I started the sketching. These pictures below demonstrate the rough drafts of logos presented to my client. After the final three were chosen by the client, I refined the logos to their final design. After showing my client the black and white draft, we both decided on the colors to use. I implemented the colors into the logo and finished with the anime club's final logo.

Initial Sketches
The 20 initial sketches for the logo.
My client wanted the logo to be anime related
The final three sketches that the client chose.

The mood board 
Refining Designs - Why These Three?

Two out of these three were chosen because of their references to anime or Japan. The top logo references Japanese culture and writing; the A of the word "anime" can be seen as a shrine entrance. The bottom logo can be interpreted as "anime is life" or "anime is for you (me)". It also references to the anime Angel Beats. Finally, the middle logo is more business-like, and can be used for more formal purposes. In the final draft, with color, the middle logo has a different design that can be interpreted as a brush stroke, which in Japan can be used to draw or write. 

Black and White Logo
The final three logos in black and white

Final Design

In the end, this design was chosen because of it's meaning and colorful appearance. When presenting to the client, I explained the logo's traits of being able to provide more than one meaning to its audience and how it's color and design will naturally draw people to it. For example, the blue and pink in the logo can symbolize that anime can be for all genders and ages. The exclamation mark represents Japan's flag which is where anime originated. The heartbeat line on the bottom can be interpreted as "anime makes life fun and exciting" or a reference to an anime called Angel Beats. The client loved the formatting and thought put into the logo and replied with how she loved how cute and charismatic it was. Throughout the process of making this logo and with the final draft, I was extremely satisfied with the results and so was my client. Although I would've preferred different designs, I was able to refine the three chosen to my client's liking and completed my task successfully. 

Final Logo Design signed on September 22, 2016. 

If I were to do anything differently, it'd be the choosing of the logo. I would've chosen a different logo with more meaning. However, in the end, I was able to overcome my personal views and made the final three logos refined to both my clients and my own satisfaction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment